The Electrical Control Panel Assembler follows drawings, diagrams, samples, or written or verbal instructions, and mounts the components onto panels or chassis. Then they bolt, or press-fit the components into place, connecting or soldering lead wires between the individual components in the panel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person filling this position will have a familiarity with working in a production environment and will be required to follow detailed instructions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble electrical control panels. Complete point to point-to-point wiring and install a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical components (of a non-repetitive nature). Work from schematics, bills of material, handwritten notes and written and verbal instructions. May have to determine the method and sequence of assembly operations. Utilize small hand tools such as wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and soldering irons.
- Physical assembly of industrial VFD motor control panels.
- Work with minimal supervision once work assignments are given and explained. Ask questions to obtain sufficient instruction to perform assigned tasks.
- Perform necessary hand operations such as deburring, drilling, grinding & sawing. Operate lift trucks and hand pallet jacks to move material within plant. Keep simple records.
- Bolt or press-fit the components into place.
- Perform quality checks on products and parts.
- Perform routine area and equipment cleaning.
- Consult with supervisors to plan or review work activities.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education: high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Candidates that understand the fundamentals of electricity, electrical circuits, and can read an electrical schematic are highly preferred.
- Seeking an individual with an electrical or control components assembly background.
- Excellent manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Able to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Must be efficient and careful not to damage items.
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to organize items.
- Health insurance.
- Paid Vacations.
- 401 K Retirement Plan.
- Salary is based on the employee’s experience level.
|Job Category||Panel Assembler|
|Minimum Qualification||High school diploma or its equivalent|